31.8.10

Strange, sad, and disheartening...

I used to be friends, very good friends from what I could tell, with someone online. We had known each other for years. I had to pare-down my internet usage, i.e. boards, blogs, FB, etc. and I de-friended almost everyone off of my FB, except people I had known in real life, church, etc. I needed to re-prioritize my life. Everything has been going well, so I decided I thought it'd be great to add everything/everybody back in to my online life. I was so excited that so many of my online friends were ready, and willing, to pick up our online friendships, just as if they'd never been put on hold. Save for one. And that one saddens me. I even sent her a message, apologizing to her if I had ever wronged her in any way. I told her I would leave it in her court as to whether we would be friends on FB or not. I expected at least a short reply. What I got though, was what appears to be being blocked. She no longer shows up on mutual friends' lists of friends, as she was this morning. I doubt she has gotten rid of her FB page.

Anyway, I don't mean to rant, or drone on. I just really missed her, and had hoped we could get back to our friendship. I will just have to lay this at the Lord's feet and see what happens. His plan isn't always mine.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous28.3.12

    How could someone be so mean like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I don't know. It's been almost a year and a half ago now, though, and even though I still don't have contact with her, I've just grown to accept it. I loved keeping up with her and her family. She was a really fun person, and had all kinds of unique ideas for home and homeschooling. I wish you weren't "anonymous" though, so I could know who you are. ;)

    ReplyDelete