12.5.12

Happy Girl

What a blessing it is that my daughter is finding happiness and joy in her days again!  Something so simple as having someone willing to spend time with her, care about her, and just have fun.  

I don't know if the person knows how much it all means to her, but I hope they do.  She keeps waiting for something bad to happen, and for it all to come crashing down.  She thinks either their parents will find some fault with her and end up hating her, or that the person she is hanging-out with will get mad at her and not want to spend time with her anymore.  I keep reassuring her that that will not happen, but when it's happened so many times before, I understand it's hard not to let those feelings creep in.

She is off to have an exciting Saturday, and I pray that it's as fun as all the other times she has had.
At the zoo on her 16th birthday

1 comment:

  1. It is so hard watching our children struggle. My oldest,now 21, was just dumped by her boy friend of 18 months. She had plans of marriage. I don't think my own break ups were this hard.

    ReplyDelete