5.4.16

The Simple Woman's Daybook - April 4th Edition


The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today... a slow day today, as my hubby had the day off.

Outside my window... an absolutely gorgeous, warm sunny day.

I am thinking... how glad I am that the sun is shining and the pollen seems to be easing up, after the gloomy wet and cool weather.

I am thankful... my family, my home, and my slow and steady success in becoming more healthy and fit.

I am wearing... denim shorts, a green polka-dot short-sleeved shirt, and barefoot.

I am creating... trying to create a nice place to read.  I lost my recliner a few years ago, and I've never been able to find a comfortable spot to read ever since.  

I am wondering... if I'll ever be able to get a good night's sleep again.  I am up and down many times during the night, when I finally can go to bed (try not to keep hubby up, so I wait until I'm really tired feeling).  Seems 50 was a huge hit to my sleep habits.

I am reading... looking forward to reading two books I've ordered:  Praying with Mother Angelica and Walking with Purpose.  I order Walking with Purpose for a Catholic book study, but now I can't which Facebook page was doing the study, so if any of you know, please let me know.

I am hoping... my hubby's root canal goes well Wednesday.  Please pray that it does.  We've had some problems with the dental work he's had over the last year holding-up.  

I am learning... how important healthy eating and staying fit can affect how you feel and how your health is.  I especially found out how quickly sodas can affect the body.  I still slip-up occasionally, but I'm light years ahead of where I was.

In my garden... haven't had a garden in several years, but would love to start one.

In my kitchen... I have two recipes, with all the ingredients, that I need to do this week:  Reuben Enchiladas and Zucchini Tots (not in the same meal).

In the homeschool room... 16 year old son working away on his high school subjects.  His favourites are History, Logic, and Religion.   He is also keeping up with his Boy Scout Merit Badges for his Eagle Scout Bronze Palm.

A favorite quote for today... Show me your hands. Do they have scars from giving?  Show me your feet.  Are they wounded in service?  Show me your heart.  Have you left a place for Divine Love?  ~Venerable Archbishop Fulton Sheen

A peek into one of my days... yesterday, it was the Feast of Divine Mercy.  I slept-in late, ate breakfast that hubby had prepared, then off to the Feast of Divine Mercy celebration at 3:00pm.  We went to LifeTeen Mass afterwards.  We needed a couple of things from the store that couldn't wait, so we drove out to a new HEB (Texas grocery store) and took our time going through it.  We finally returned home around 11pm. 

One of my favorite things... sitting at my desk with the window open, listening to all the sounds of Spring.  There are so many birds chirping, and you can occasionally hear our neighbors cows or donkey.

From the board room..

.

Post Script

Poetictouch

Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.
~ Theodore Roethke

     

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog! Yours is a very beautiful page! I love the green. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! Thanks for visiting my blog. I love the quotes you included and I will pray your husband's dental work is successful. Yes, I noticed things really changed when I turned 50 (I'm a few years older than that now). But it's amazing what one can do to stay as healthy as possible..little changes can make a big difference. Good for you for taking steps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for the prayers for my hubby's dental work. It seems to have gone well, so far. Thanks for the words of encouragement too!

      Delete
  3. Zuccini tots sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I need to actually make them. I keep procrastinating! I'll let you know how they turn out, once I finally do them.

      Delete
  4. The pollen has been crazy here in California as well!

    I actually need the carbonation of soda to help digest food (I'm weird that way) so I drink a lot of club soda -- just fizzy water! It's gotten to the point where most sodas taste really strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, at least here, is our lack of any real winter this year. We had so few nights, and a very rare day, where we were below freezing. We always joke that our winter comes for two weeks in February, but we really didn't even get that this year. The pollen and bugs are crazy!

      I don't think that's weird. Good for you drinking just the club soda. If I drink anything with fizz it has to have lots of flavor. Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Have a great weekend coming up!

      Delete
  5. I just ordered some of Mother Angelica's books too. Divine Mercy is a beautiful prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to order more. There are so many things of hers I want to order, but need to do it a little at a time. Yes, it is a most beautiful prayer. Thanks so much for visiting and have a great weekend coming up!

      Delete
  6. That's good, about the pollen!

    Yeah, Coca-Cola made with real sugar is my downfall. I need to stop and get back to just water myself.

    Hope your weekend coming up is a great one!

    ReplyDelete