15.2.17

The Simple Woman's Daybook - February 15th Edition


The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today... Wednesday, February 15

Outside my window... dark and cold. 

I am thinking... how much I miss seeing my family (parents, etc.).

I am thankful... being able to make a quick, one-day trip to see my parents, and them finally getting to meet their only great-grandchild.

I am wearing... denim shorts and a teal green shirt.

I am creating... I'm trying to create a more comfy, welcoming, less cluttered home.  

I am wondering... when true spring will get here.

I am reading... sadly, nothing at the moment.

I am hoping... my Dad's treatment for prostate cancer goes well.  If you all could please pray for him, that all goes well, and also for my Mom, as she helps my Dad along this journey.

I am learning... let stressful things go (not to successful thus far).
On our property...
I love this picture, taken several years ago, of part of our property.  So many things have changed, and so many of my beloved animals lost, but I do love it when it looks like this.

In my kitchen... hubby made sausage, mac n' cheese, and veggies for dinner when my son and I got home.

In the homeschool room... off to a slow, late winter start after the holidays.

A favorite quote for today... Peace begins with a smile. ~Saint Teresa of Calcutta

A peek into one of my days
... today started with severe thunderstorms, and though the weather cleared-up, I was just plain tired all day and didn't feel all that great, but got all the errands and getting son to activities all taken care of.

One of my favorite things... the return of so many birds, and flowers and trees trying to bloom.  I just hope we don't get any hard winter at this point.

Postscript...
Poetictouch

What sweet delight a quiet life affords,
And what it is to be of bondage free,
Far from the maddening worldlings' hoarse discords;
Sweet flowery place, I first did learn of thee.

~ William Drummond of Hawthornden

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the peek into your world today. I am sorry to hear about your dad ... will say a prayer for him and your family. I know (from experience) this is not an easy time. May you feel His comfort around your like a hug.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Brenda. Thanks so much for the prayers, too.

      Delete
  2. It's so nice to have you back again. Sending prayers to you for your father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the prayers, Shirley. I hope to keep up better on here, too.

      Delete