3.3.11

The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 3, 2011




The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 3, 2011

Outside my window... simply gorgeous, sunny day! 


I am thinking... about preparing for Lent.  


I am thankful for...the extra time we are getting to spend with my hubby, during this period of unemployment.


From the learning rooms... keeping on track, through the winter doldrums.  These wonderful Spring-like days certainly do help spur us on though!


From the kitchen... will be preparing swedish meatballs, with a delectable cream gravy, atop a bed of egg noodles for dinner this evening.  We'll also have a side of swiss chard and some lovely, crusty french bread.


I am wearing... denim stretch shorts, purple short-sleeved knit shirt, and barefoot.




I am hoping... get more reading done.  There always seems to be a million other things to be done, and I have books just sitting around waiting to be read.


I am hearing... the birds singing their Spring-time song outside my window (which is open,with the curtains blowing gently on the breeze), the cows, donkeys, dogs, squirrels, all making their sounds, and every once in a while I hear the sounds of a child laughing (we don't have many children in the neighborhood).


Around the house... trying to get a few projects done around the house, since my hubby is home.  It's difficult though, since most involve things needing to be bought, and we are trying to conserve cash at this time.  But, we make progress on what we can. 


One of my favorite things... being able to have all my windows open, with my curtains softly blowing, listening to all the sounds around us.  


A few plans for the rest of the week...continuing with school, chores, then getting everyone ready for Mass on Sunday.


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

My beautiful daughter, shortly after her 15th birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment