12.4.16

The Simple Woman's Daybook - April 11th Edition



The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today... Monday, Monday...

Outside my window... the day started out with a light rain, then the sun came out and it was beautiful, then the sky darkened, the light rain came back and it cooled-off quit a bit.  I also heard some beautiful birdsong, which I always love.  

I am thinking... that I hope my recipe for Reuben Enchildas turns out as good as they looked on the recipe page.  It's tough to pull cabbage leaves apart without them tearing.

I am thankful... that the book I ordered, Walking with Purpose, finally arrived.  It seems the post office wanted to hang-on to it for a while.  My husband joked that they were reading it first.

I am wearing... denim shorts and a teal blouse.

I am creating... a more organized computer area and work space.  

I am wondering... if I can make it through my 2-mile aerobic walking DVD this week.  I've been consistently doing the 1-mile DVD, and know I need to do more, but I'm not sure I can do it yet.

I am reading... I just started Praying with Mother Angelica: Meditations on the Rosary, the Way of the Cross, and Other Prayers.  Walking with Purpose just arrived, and I'm looking forward to starting the book study on that.  I'm excited that I finally found the Facebook group that was doing it, thanks to another mom's help.

I am hoping... my son-in-love's dental appointment goes well tomorrow.  Please pray for him.  He is having four fillings done, and has so much more work to be done at future appointments.  

I am learning... how to find ways to eat low carb/low sugar and not be hungry all the time.

In my garden... no true garden, but I'm enjoying seeing flowers blooming around our property.  

In my kitchen... I have corned beef cooking in the crockpot, and once that's done it'll be turned into Rueben Enchiladas.

In the homeschool room... 16 year old son still working away on his high school subjects.  His favourites are History, Logic, and Religion.   He is also keeping up with his Boy Scout Merit Badges for his Eagle Scout Bronze Palm.

A favorite quote for today... The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the heart of a Mother.  ~St. Therese of Lisieux

A peek into one of my days... yesterday was a fairly quiet day.  We had a nice breakfast, went to Mass, then just relaxed. 

One of my favorite things... is listening to music.  I have very eclectic musical tastes.  You never know what you'll walk in and find me listening to.

From the board room...
Oh yes. I need to get back to the happy. They're married! He plighted his troth!
Bates and Anna, Downton Abbey

Post Script

Poetictouch

O my lovely Mary Green
The richest flower o' May
On thy bonny face is seen

Which love winna take away
.

~ John Clare


     

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous12.4.16

    Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. I didn't see you on the Daybook list, but thanks for finding me anyway. I am a Catholic, too. Sad the Mother Angelica just passed away. My mother watched her funeral and then called me to tell me about it. Hope your 2-mile arrobic walking goes well for you! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, goodnightgram! I'm on there. I have one for the 4th, and another for the 11th, though both were posted very late at night. Yes, it was very sad Mother Angelica passed away. I never got around to the 2-mile walk, but hope to do it soon. Hope your weekend coming up is wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for visiting my blog. Loved your post today. Your daffodils are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I know we are of different faiths but I just LOVE your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed popping over an looking around. I spotted my friend Brenda over at Coffee Tea Books and Me in your sidebar of blogs! Small world.

    ReplyDelete