Outside my window... an absolutely gorgeous, sunny day!
I am thinking... how sad I still am after one of my beloved Basset Hounds died this week, very unexpectedly.
I am thankful... all the horrible thunderstorms and flooding seem to be over. Our house was not flooded, but so many people I know had their homes or cars flooded or damaged.
I am wearing... denim capri pants and a red short-sleeved knit shirt.
I am creating... a quiet, comfortable place to read.
I am wondering... if this week is going to be as busy as it looks on the calendar.
I am reading... Praying with Mother Angelica: Meditations on the Rosary, the Way of the Cross, and Other Prayers. I'm also doing a book study of Walking with Purpose online with some other Catholic ladies on Facebook.
I am hoping... I can get back on track with my exercising and low carb, low sugar way of eating.
I am learning... to try not to stress about everything.
In my kitchen... The Rueben Enchiladas tasted delicious, but the presentation was horrible. It seems the recommended 5-7 minutes of boiling the cabbage leaves was a bit too long. I was left with drastically over-cooked cabbage leaves that were just disintegrating as I tried to roll the meat mixture in them. It's definitely worth doing again, but I'll just barely boil the leaves next time.
In the homeschool room... 16 year old son still working away on his high school subjects. His favourites are History, Logic, and Religion. He is also keeping up with his Boy Scout Merit Badges for his Eagle Scout Bronze Palm. He is trying to attend another Bible Study, when his Scout meetings don't interfere. He also goes to Eucharistic Adoration for an hour each week with other students in our Catholic homeschool group. He is also involved with the Columbian Squires at our parish.
A favorite quote for today... Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. ~Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta
A peek into one of my days... yesterday my hubby had a training session with his fellow Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion regarding a few changes that were made. Our son had his last LifeTeen LifeNight for this school year. It was a bittersweet time for him, as one of his best friends is graduating this year and going away to university. Thankfully he'll only be 1 1/2 hours away, so he'll be home visiting fairly often.
One of my favorite things... listening to the birds singing outside of my window.
From the board room...
Mother Angelica quote
Postscript...
Mother Angelica quotePostscript...
Poetictouch
Talk what you please of future spring
And sun-warmed sweet tomorrow:
Stripped bare of hope and everything,
No more to laugh, no more to sing,
I sit alone with sorrow.
~ Christina Rossetti






So sorry about your dog. <3 So hard when we lose pets. <3
ReplyDeleteIm so sorry to hear about your dog. I know that is really hard and you'll be thinking of it for some time
ReplyDeleteI, too, am so sorry about your dog. I lost one of my rescue cats. I see by your profile that you live in Texas. So do I; what town do you live? I love reading your blog. :) Shirley
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen you lately on the internet. Hope everything is well.
ReplyDeleteLove your simple but profound quote of the day. Sometimes a smile can make all the difference! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier!
ReplyDelete