30.1.24

                                           


The Simple Woman's Daybook


For Today... Tuesday, 30 January 2024

Outside my window... Beautiful and sunny! 

I am thinking... How fast Ash Wednesday, and the beginning of Lent, is coming up on us.

I am thankful... to be alive, after my near death just over a year ago.  I was very sick, with so many symptoms that all seemed unrelated, and finally got to the point that my husband was extremely worried and was taking me to the hospital.  He had trouble getting me into the car, so called for the ambulance.  I fell into a diabetic coma in the EMS, and the ER doctors told my husband that another hour or so and I probably wouldn't have made it.  This is the extreme edited version, as the unedited version would be horrendously long.

I am wearing... green polka dot shirt and maroon pants.

I am creating... I'm trying to declutter our home, and make it more cozy.  

I am wondering... if we will continue to be blessed with a fairly mild winter.


I am hoping... that our sweet dog will be able to walk again without assistance.  She hurt herself somehow, and has been needing us to help her walk with a sling under her, or with her wheelchair.  

I am learning... I need to let go of a lot of things.

Our sweet ol' girl...
She misses her walks out to our mailbox and back, and going on car rides.  We take her out to the mailbox with her wheelchair, but we cannot do it often, as it wears her out.  It is very difficult to get her in and out of the car, without risking her re-injuring herself, so those rides are reserved for only going to the veterinarian.

In my kitchen... King Ranch Chicken, prepared as low-carb as I could get it.  Dessert was a small portion of the low-carb King Cake our daughter found for me. 

In the homeschool room... Watching the grandchildren grow and learn nowadays.  It's so fun to see them on their journey of learning.  I do hope they acquire a love of reading, as their grandparents all have.

A favorite quote for today... "A loving heart is the truest wisdom." - Charles Dickens

A peek into one of my days
... right now, pretty much staying at home, keeping a watchful eye on our old pup.  As she gets better, she's getting a bit rambunctious, and the worry is that she'll re-injure herself.

One of my favorite things... the sun shining bright, filtering in through the windows.

Postscript... 
I hope to try to keep coming back here to write, even if it's not much, just to take a break from the craziness of our typical social media these days. May you all have a blessed week.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that your husband took you to the hosppital when he did. Oh my! That had to be scary for everyone involved.

    Your puppy is so adorable. Your kitchen recipes sound so yummy. Have you ever been to the King Ranch in Texas?

    ReplyDelete