14.3.09

Ugh! Rain and Cold!

I am trying to praise the Lord for the rain He is giving us, really, I am. We are at least 7 inches below what our normal rainfall would be this year already. It's just so hard to be happy about it, when at the same time all the rain is falling, it is a very chilly 40-something degrees outside. I know, we've been blessed with such warm weather all week last week, and will be again next week, so I'm trying really hard not to complain.

Our poor dogs' kennels caved in under all the weight of the rain. We have tarps on top of them, put in at an angle, so the rain should have run off, but it didn't. It actually bent the pole in half! I now have the dogs on my patio. I am so thankful it is such a big patio, so all 5 of them can fit on there and each have it's own little area to call their own. We have my dd's dog inside, along with the cat and guinea pig.
My dh and I think we've come up with an improved roof system for the kennels, but we'll have to wait until we have the funds available. The dogs all have dog houses, but it's just been so wet, that it's a swamp for them to be walking around in there. It normally isn't this much of a problem, because it is usually much warmer when it rains, so it evaporates or drains away very quickly, thus not leaving them in swamp conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment