
Oh yes, doesn't she look so cute and all innocent? Well, this little dog caused no end of trouble for us this morning. She got out the yard part of our property. My son did not feel the need to come and tell me right away, giving her plenty of time to explore and get further from home. Did I mention she runs REALLY fast? By the time he came and told me she had gotten out, 15 minutes had gone by. That is an eternity with this dog. My daughter hopped on her bike, my son climbed the fence into the woods next door, and I grabbed my keys and wallet and jumped in the truck. We all combed the area looking for her. No one could find her, and none of the other dogs in the area were barking, which worried me, because that meant she wasn't near them. I decided to drive down to the highway nearby and see if she had gotten that far. I did not want the children finding her run over. Thankfully she wasn't down there, and there was no sign of her heading that way. I doubled back to the house, and who was waiting for me at the corner of the fence right by our drive? You guessed it! The mischievous dog! I called her name, her ears perked-up. I opened the door to the truck, and she came running and jumped right in! Silly dog!
My children are now very happy and relieved to have her home.
No comments:
Post a Comment